- $400 in cash back (a terrible redemption by the way)
- $500 in travel rewards through the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal (a decent 1.25 cents per point, but complete flexibility in terms of your redemption, i.e. pick your own flight or hotel)
- better than $500 in travel rewards if you transfer your points from Chase to one of the Ultimate Reward partners (e,g. United, Southwest, Hyatt, Marriott, British Airways, and others)
If you and your significant other each applied for the card, you could double that obviously, and that’s an awful lot of points to take you a long way.
This week, the signup offer on the Sapphire Preferred has been raised to 50,000 points! Spend $4,000 in 3 months, and those extra 50,000 points are yours. But there’s even more. Add an authorized user, and you’ll get an extra 5,000 points. So, watch this:
- 4,000 points from the spending to obtain the bonus (and probably more since dining and travel earn double points)
- 5,000 points from adding an authorized user
- 50,000 points from the signup bonus
That’s 59,000 points just from spending $4,000 and adding an authorized user.
- $500 in cash back
- $625 in travel booked through the Chase Ultimate Rewards travel portal
- a free round trip ticket to Europe if you add an authorized user and put $6,000 in spend on the card.
- Use them on United for two round trip tickets in the continental US
- Use them on United for a coach round trip ticket to Hawaii (with points left over)
- Use them on Southwest for around $750 in airfare
- Use them with Hyatt to stay 2 nights at the Park Hyatt Maldives (typically at least $800 per night)
- Use them for $625 toward your stay at a Disney or Universal hotel through Chase’s travel portal
Bottom line, guys? Chase points are just about the best you can get, and the number one card for earning them just became a whole lot more generous to new applicants. If you’ve ever been on the fence about this card, now is the time to get it! If you enjoyed this post, please email it, like it, tweet about it, you name it. And thanks for your support!